Sunday, May 18, 2008

Diabetes Meme

With all the meme's going around, I wondered why Diabetics don't have our own. So I thought I'd create one. Of course, I have to fill in my own answers.

1.) What type of diabetes do you have?
Pre Diabetic / Type 2.

2.) When were you diagnosed?
Dec 2005

3.) Do you have a favorite finger / area to test with?
I poke my pinky's most often because they bleed the best and don't bruise a lot.

4.) What is your favorite meter?
I like the iTest / Keynote best so far of all the ones I've tested.

5.) What medications/supplements do you take for diabetes?
Metformin & Vitamin D - both on Doctor's instructions.

6.) What surprises you most about Diabetes?
How different it is among people. Different messages, Different treatments, Different Results.

7.) What is the hardest/worst part of having Diabetes?
Forgetting how it was to not have it, or at least to stop missing that old lifestyle.

8.) What is the easiest/best part of having Diabetes?
Losing 40 pounds and gaining a lot of self esteem and improved self image.

9.) Do you have any diabetes Heros?
I find the entire diabetes OC amazing, but I am always particularly astounded by what insulin dependant diabetics go through, often with great cheer.

10.) What's the first thing you'll do when there's a cure?
Give thanks, then binge on carbs. :D

I feel like it should be longer, but can't think of any other really good questions. I suppose ten questions about diabetes isn't bad, but the ten things meme I did yesterday was more fun!

No comments: