Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Caffeine Weirdness

I love my coffee in the mornings. I drink it black for a few weeks, then switch to cream and splenda, then drift back to black. We've got a pod coffee machine at work, so fresh and tasty coffee is always available. I love pod coffee machines - I have one at home as well - because even I cannot screw up coffee when using them.

Since I've been fighting this cold - almost gone, thank goodness - I've had to swear off caffeine. For some reason one cup of coffee makes me jittery for hours right now! I'm used to being the kind of person who can drink a cup of coffee and go to bed an hour later, so this sudden overreaction to caffeine is really annoying.

Hopefully as the cold departs, the caffeine reaction will too. I'll stick to decaf until then.

This has to be the weirdest side affect for a cold I have ever had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

google the dangers of splenda