Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Joe's Goals

I'm trying something new right now: tracking my goals with JoesGoals.com. It's a nifty little website. You create an account, set up a few postive and negative goals, and then track by clicking on each day. It's really nice visual feedback to see all the little checks and xes over a week. There's a live demo on the site (see image below) that lets you test it out without creating an account, which also sucked me in.



I know I forget my lunchtime metformin a lot, and I'm not getting close to exercising daily. This seems a really good way to track that sort of thing, without going to a lot of effort. I get really tired of detailed logging, and this one-click-and-you're-done style will hopefully be more effective.

I'm not sure I'd ever use it for blood sugar logging - I like charts and graphs that break it down by time of day and give me monthly averages. In theory I'll start cross referencing food with blood sugar and actually stick with it in the future. For that, I'll want to use diabetic specific software.

But for simple goals like increasing exercise, cutting down coffee, and remembering pills, I think this will work wonderfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Laura. I'll check this out.