Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blimpies 3 Inch Sub

One of my husband's favorite fast food meals is a Blimpie's Sub. My father owned a sub shop (not a Blimpies) for five years so it's a bit of a nostalgia meal for me too. I made a lot of subs in high school.

I like the freshly sliced meats, the extra tasty mayo and the provolone cheese at Blimpies.

Of course, the problem with any sub place for me is the enormous sub bun. A 6" wheat is about 40 carbs according to a few nutritional sites. I'm not eating all that.

Instead, I ask them to cut it in half, then dump all the filling into one half and munch my double thick three inch sub.

Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura. That must look like "Incredible Hulk" of subs!

Our local supermarket will build a sub to your specs (within certain constraints, of course) right in front of you. I always put half of it away for some other time because the bun is way too much carb-wise!

Laura Williams said...

It does take a little practice to eat without it falling apart!