Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Parents - Leftover Disposal

Since we moved to the same city as my folks, we have them over for dinner a couple times a month. It's something I really enjoy. For one, I like feeding my folks - it's a great reversal of all the meals they've fed me, and I know they appreciate having someone else doing the cooking. We usually play a couple of board games as well which is great fun, and difficult for two people.

Every time they come, they leave loaded with leftovers. I end each evening looking around and going 'what else don't I want'. Tonight they not only took the supper remains (chicken, cauliflower, biscuits), but dessert - 3/4 of a boston cream pie, and a half a bag of cookies I was trying to avoid eating. It was great to have the boston cream pie - we never buy it because it's too big to finish, and I can't be tempted by extra biscuits or cookies if they're gone.

It's nice to give away extra food - and especially extra carbs - instead of letting them go to waste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a nice thing to do for your folks, Laura. They must be very happy when you have them over for dinner, especially knowing that they'll leave with all those leftovers. What a treat.

If I were them, I'd be sure to let you keep winning all the board games! ;^)

Laura Williams said...

Actually I lost both! :D