Friday, April 11, 2008

Weight Loss.

After years of steadily putting on weight, I'm very proud of myself for losing 40+ pounds. I'm about 5 pounds away from the top range of a 'normal' BMI for my super-short height. I want to lose another 10-15, so that even if I mysteriously gain 5 or 10 pounds overnight I'm still in a good spot, BMI wise. Of course, I haven't been that weight since Grade 9.

Strangely, I don't feel I've done much to lose the most of the weight. It started just FALLING off me at a rate of 3-4 pounds a month when I went on Metformin. I know I've gradually started to eat less now that I pay attention to portion sizes, but there was never a quick change. I've always felt it was the Metformin that made the real weight difference. Unfortunately, that quick and easy weight loss did not last.

Losing the first 30 was easy. It's the last 10 pounds I've had to struggle with. That bit of fat just likes to pop back constantly. It's really hideous the way weight comes back.

Trying to lose any more has, as of yet, been impossible. I'm even resorting to regular, low impact, EXERCISE. Hopefully it'll do the trick.

In any case, losing the weight has made me feel so much better about myself. I've watched inches come off my measurements, and sizes come off my clothes. I have new, fitted shirts to replace my old baggy ones. I almost enjoy clothes shopping. I'm willing to take a few more risks in what I wear. I got half my hair cut off, which I'd been putting off for years.

And I'm proud of myself every time I get rid of that stubborn 10 pounds. Again.

No comments: