Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sobey's Whole Wheat Croissont



This is my new alternate breakfast. I've never seen whole wheat croissants before! I was really pleased to see these ones! The label reads 'Whole Wheat and Honey Croissants', and they have that touch of sweetness I associate with croissants. Taste wise, these really stand up to the white version. With some products, I find the whole wheat version good, but the white better. These I like just as well as the white, and they feel like far less of an indulgence.

They come in a pack of eight, and are 190 calories and 22 carbs each. I've been eating them plain, but I'm sure a touch of butter and honey would make them extra special. I'd even use them for some sandwiches - the sweetness isn't pronounced enough to interfere.

So now I've found whole wheat cheese buns and whole wheat croissants. What's next? Here's hoping it's whole wheat garlic bread!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura. I couldn't find a Sobeys store in the States listed on their website. Seems they're only in Canada. Do you buy these in a supermarket, or do you have to go to a Sobeys?

The good news is that their website provides a recipe for French Toast Croissants!

Laura Williams said...

Yes, I'm pretty sure Sobey's is Canadian only. They are also known as IGA. They are a supermarket.

The whole wheat croissants are store brand, of all things! The french toast idea sounds really interesting.