Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Burger Inn Bison Burger

I'm back! Recovered from my cold and finally feeling like I have some energy again. Here's hoping I get back on a regular posting schedule again.

I had a ferocious day today, so we ate out as a treat. I had a buffalo burger at Burger Inn. It's a local Calgary chain that specializes in a variety of burgers. They've got beef, but why eat than when you can have bison, elk, wild boar, salmon, pork, ostrich, lamb or turkey?

They offer the burgers on white, wholewheat, or bunless, along with the standard toppings. You can also add ham, mushrooms, pineapple, friend onions, cheddar swiss or bacon. Yum!

They also have excellent poutine - fries with gravy and cheese curds, which I also had tonight. Definitely a treat item - I don't even want to think about the carb count! But it was the perfect indulgence for me today.

One day I'm going to try their milkshakes - they've got great flavors, including root beer, which is one of my favorite milkshake flavors. They've also got raspberry, blackberry, banana, peach and mango in addition to the standard vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.

I don't eat burgers often - but when I'm in the mood for one, I'll pick Burger Inn! Same price as any fast food place with far better quality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you're back up and running, Laura. I'm a little pressed for time right now, but I'll be sure to check out the Burger Inn link soon. It sounds like my kind of place!

Laura Williams said...

Thanks Jeff!